Friday, March 05, 2010

‘It’ has morphed into ‘She’

New Year has been quite hectic for various reasons. Partly health and rest other stuff. MBA has been keeping me on the hooks too. But that was my desire, so can't blame it. What has been highlighted very clearly is investment on health. I have not done much in the last few years. When I came into UK, I was around 67Kg and now just above my BMI. I don't prefer new year resolutions, anyway this year without even wishing one, I lost a few kg coz' of Noro. Then the flu… I did want to do a bit of jogging and I am now planning to start it soon. My son is just blossoming and he takes a bit of time and fat as well. His naughtiness doesn't get on my nerves, but his whining does. He has been like that only in the last few weeks very simply coz' of his health (at least my wife says so, I think it's his new found habit, trust me not from my gene). I mentioned about my missus, bless her. She is driving it carefully and has been affected by the cold as well. We keep debating about the health if it's because of humidity or poor investment or laziness or too much 'eat-out' or is it because of her cooking style etc. etc. I think it is because of the investment in health.

With spring around the corner, I wish to spring back to good health and wealth (!). Yeah I bought a new car – Kuga. My first new car, first SUV, a first Ford (as if I had hundred diff cars before), a first diesel, a first six-geared (I once forgot to use the sixth gear for quite a few miles in the motorway) and a first 'Chill' colour. The colour of 'Chill' reminds of a conversation I had with my friend and his wife. It was a discussion on the colour 'mauve'. It was a funny discussion though… Both are strong opinionated and hence you can see how the discussion can go. But it was nice and finally we gave up that a colour 'mauve' did exist! So what's this 'Chill' colour? It's a mix of silver, gold and gazke. Gazke is a secret ingredient very similar to what my wife uses in cooking. So looks like Ford has added 'Gazke' to its SUV colours and has made it special. Anyway if you really wanted to see the colour in person, please go to a nearby showroom (don't come over to my place – coz' the car would have been old and you really cannot see the 'Chill'). We took the 'Gazke' added Kuga over to temple, garlanded it and welcomed it to our family. It has become 'She'. Now you know the title of the blog. My dear Honda Accord was given a warm send-off, however 'She' did not turn into 'it'. By the way, we do we feminise ships, cars, buildings, counties? I am not a female chauvinist. I don't know why? I will tell, I am a happily married man and I am still enjoying life (though I had to put of my sanyasi plans – not coz' of latest revelations on Sun TV). May be opposite poles attract each other and since the car attracts me, psychologically I am associating with an opposite polarity. I don't know if Freud has theories about this.

In the meanwhile Sachin hit a double in ODI, as like with many, I had a gut feeling that day. I preferred Dravid coz' personally I liked Rahul's style (No I am not talking about the Rahul who dines in huts and travels in Mumbai metros). He is not around in the media these days. May be he is swimming somewhere with fishes showing his human side to him. I tried showing my human side one day by dropping a coin to someone in Paris airport (what was I doing in Paris, that's for a different day), but no media channels cared for me. Anyway I teased our Tharoorji on twitter; he did not fall for it. He has got a clout in twitter but not sure if he will be a Rahul. Anyways enough of my thoughts…

PS: The insurance company and creditors recorded the 'Chill' Kuga as 'Silver' J

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    IF you are the person that wrote on Rajathatha's blog about being able to send a scanned copy of a book containing Sama Veda Upakarma vidhi among other things, please send me a copy to
    txhari@yahoo.com
    Namaste
    Hari S. Iyer
    Texas, USA

    ReplyDelete