Who is the cause for this ‘VISWAROOPAM’ (Universe)?
‘Yathornaabhih Srajate granhate cha yatha
Tathaaksharaat sambhavatiha viswam’ - Mundaka Upanishad.
‘As the spider creates the web out of itself and withdraws unto itself’ from the imperishable comes out the universe’. - It means the creation, creator and the created are one and the same.
The Universe-form is banned!? The actor-director-producer Kamal Hassan (ADP K. Hassan from here on) will not lose much money, but in fact will earn more due to the controversy.
I am sorry, ADP K.Hassan created this mess and he has to withdraw into this mess and from this, will come Vishwaroopam. Someone had a comment in vikatan some time back, that Rajini who in spite of his association with MK and other atheists, had a mind of his own and followed things in a way different to ADP K.Hassan who in the same association always struggled and never was able to rest his mind.
This struggle made him to reach out and has landed him in a mess. However now a lot of reports emerging that there is nothing offensive in the movie, but certain scenes create a projection and there is no denying. It may not be offensive to some in fact majority - because the majority believes in pluralism and doesn't mind certain projections., But are all the five fingers same?
1. If I am docile and bear whatever is thrown at me, doesn't mean others to be and react the same way and manner (all 5 fingers analogy) - Some people albeit minority among minority feel offensive, at least the perception is so and they are acting on it. - Don't they have right to show their protest?
2. If this was caused by Jaya TV license issue, why don't ADP K. Hassan come out open on this? I am sure he would have - wouldn't he?
3. Don't see this as a Cinema/arts - People from a particular sect are making/taking efforts to change the perception - if the majority Hindu population choose not to protest or even lift a finger when someone makes a joke about their Hindu Gods - does it mean the minority should follow the same attitude? - Don't they have rights (democratic) to protest?
4. Have the violated any laws? They have taken legal means to ban the movie... Unlike those who assault Valentine's day and MF Hussain's Hindu bashing arts, they have only taken legal steps... so is this wrong?
5. If an opinion is freedom of expression, is it not the same freedom of expression to say the movie is trying to portray terrorists in certain way? So why stop that?
6. NASA pictures showed the Sethu bridge as an existing sand bridge, but an elected government created an economic policy and planned to destroy a Hindu-faith associated bridge, was it not only a small section of Majority that made efforts to stop it? So in the same way if a small section of minority try and legally ban a movie - should it become an issue?
I am not necessarily saying it is right or wrong - I am saying it is a chance for India to truly introspect on how to manage and evolve the multi-faith without damaging the fabric and protect democracy... Crux of the problem is "People will see what they want to see..." Gandhi (not Rahul) - Babuji tried and he did influence a lot of people, he had to sacrifice a lot in order to change perceptions and bring the society closer... The losses he had were huge and he couldn't change everyone (In fact he ended being on enemy camps for both groups), but his efforts have impact even today and I am one of them. Hey Ram!
So if ADP K.Hassan really wants to engage and debate with the society and do seva to arts and humanity, he has to accept this in merit and not be worried about economic failure but continue his debate. Good Luck Sir... Please continue.
Final question - I infer that from his follow-up statements, it is clear to me that he hasn't realized the magnitude of change required and the cost/efforts to change the perception and bring unity - Does he? and If he reads this blog (Oh yeah!) and if my point clicks in his brain, will he still be up for change?
One needs courage, one need to sacrifice many things to make a change at that level. But as a society we need to introspect to create harmony and humanity.
And to the title... According to the legends, Krishna had to provide divine eyes to see Vishwaroopam - But it turns out Arjuna cried for mercy, as he couldn't withstand the sight. Truth is harsh and one needs to open up to reality! Question self...