Sunday, March 17, 2013

Smartphones in general and especially Iphone5 are stupid...

There are millions of stupid tech-fanatics who support Apple, Android and Microsoft and one of my friends assume I am one of them. I love technology and I used to be a Java fan and then subsequently took to Microsoft but have become technology agnostic. I have now used all the three smart phone OSs and of clear view that officially Apple sucks.

I am really frustrated coz' of the hype that surrounds apple. This friend of mine who talks so much about perfection in apple can't really open his eyes and see that after 6 versions, if keyboard, touch sensitivity and blue-tooth doesn't work to basic standards what's apple doing? really I mean really please...

I had a Nokia 800, I loved it but it had a glorious death after almost 1.5 years. So I replaced it with a 820 - a good model, except blue-tooth and call switching between 3g and LTE was crap. I was fuming the bluetooth in 800 was better, so how come a working feature is let to degrade in an upgraded version? C'mon Nokia and Microsoft just wake up and realise the market is crowded...

Then I chose to go to Iphone 5 (first I-Device) and to my shock the keyboard is crap, Nokia and HTC's keyboard were fantastic - I would personally give it to Nokia.

Bluetooth definitely Samsung and Sony are better i.e. Android, Apple's BT is just crap

Maps - Nokia, Android and Apple - I don't need to mention

Touch sensitivity and swipe - C'mon Apple users need to use Win8 to see how much they are missing, Samsung is also great in this section...

When some basic things don't work after 6 versions why would people be so proud of the device? I have always felt people choose to link themselves with a brand and Apple feeds that.

I can say somethings for sure, the Camera, Web-browsing speed, LTE call-switching are fantastic in Iphone5. But I can compromise on some of those things, however when I travel up and down daily for 2 hours - bluetooth and music are two important things, with no way to control these two issues, I am gutted. I changed the Nokia device just for these two issues, at least in the Nokia device the pause button worked, whereas in Iphone, even that doesn't work!!

This doesn't mean Win 8/Nokia are better - There are no manufacturers yet to take advantage of Win8. In this situation, I should have gone for a safe bet Samsung S3, but hey I thought Iphone was a safe-bet...Now I can't change my phone for another 18 months!

2 comments:

  1. That 'someone' in the article is myself. Interesting to have someone's views of iPhone, especially a pro-microsoft guy undoubtedly, I expected this sooner or later. I know lots of guys who are iPhone users and tried to switch to android and returned the android device the next day citing silly reasons. I am not that kind of guy, but certainly you seem to be that sort of guy. I proudly own an Android and major iDevices. I certainly don't believe in someone evaluating a device for less than 10 days and arriving at a conclusion. I wonder why in the world didn't Lumia get the market after so much of appreciation by you. I don't think the iPhone keyboard sucks but its certainly not upto mark with Android keyboard. Well, phones evolve. Give you a suggestion : I am more than happy to help you sell your iPhone on eBay for a good price and give that money back to you to help you buy a yuckky Lumia again. I don't think you do justice to any smartphone market 'cause you cannot talk unbiased.

    "Lumia beats iPhone". Let's have atleast a good phone from Lumia and then talk about in elaborate later. Let it come at par with Android atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bull,

    first things first, Lumia sucks and hence I gave it back to buy a different phone - I am okay to call a spade, a spade and that proves I am not pro-Microsoft.

    Why don't we call the crap features and say it is crap, that way every company focuses on first sorting some fundamental problems rather than falling to marketing gimmicks?

    I sincerely feel S3 is the best option as of today.

    ReplyDelete