Friday, June 09, 2006

United States of India...
New year has kept me relatively busy but some remarks and incidents in India offlate have urged me to put my thoughts down to this blog:
Sometime in 1995 a decade from now, I placed the idea of India Pakistan and Bangladesh forming an united states of India among the growing minds of student population in Trichy where I did my under graduation. This was a rotary club event for all UG-PG students to excel in various competition. I am not sure how many of those remember. The whole crowd was stunned and listened to my speech that day! I do not belong to RSS but an young mind thinking about India's future with their neighbours. That day when the organisers asked how sure are you that this would happen? I told them about 100th monkey phenomenon and drew a parallel and quipped then at that event, a huge student population was listening that speech who numbered more than a 100 and if they pass this idea on; May be, by end of a few decades that could happen.
Why did I want that? To end the suffering in the sub continent, yes! if you observe how much amount of money we three (Ind,Pak,Bang) spend in defence and relate to the poor mass of people in all the 3 countries, that money could be channeled to their upliftment. Years later the same topic was detailed by L.K.Advani on a different podium. Times have changed. His theme then was AkandBharath and now that he stepped down from BJP and recent remarks around his latest thoughts on Jinnah does bring a big thought to me.. That BJP has let down a true leader and India too.
Why? - My interpretation:
Any one mellows with time... Advani definitely had the idea of Akand Bharath from RSS back ground. but I am sure he understands the complexity and is pragmatic about the three countries as such. His vision to unite all the three. But things have changed. His recent remarks and you could see a much wiser man. No longer AkandBharath could be formed by force, but only by wish and true minds that like to unite. May be he mulled over it and it occurred to him after his visit and that could have provoked advani to soften his stand and obviously the utterly worst reaction by us Indians would have made him to slow down or shelve till a ripe time comes??? Also may be he is associated with BJP or RSS anymore, he could not make that movement happen... may be i wish he thinks along that lines..

I am sure a tall leader like him would ruminate within his deep soul about this subject before making a U-Turn, mind you my dear reader of this blog only a strong mind could make such a big U-Turn and obviously would have a strong reason. I believe so, no one of his stature would dare do this. That's why i felt BJP & India let down a true leader. Having said that, Advani does not have youth or time to re-start another yatra that could un-do the past. Does he? "Right Man in Wrong Party?" Anyways, forget AkandBharath from RSS point, but the above I mentioned also to include Advani's latest remarks: "He (Jinnah) said now that Pakistan has been created, one should not see who is a Hindu or Muslim. Let Hindus go to temples and Muslims to mosques. In the eyes of the Pakistan Government, all are equal citizens. I had only reminded them."

Would deeper minds reflect this and create a thought reaction that one day would make it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment